Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving.

Today, will be the last Thanksgiving we spend in our house in Lancaster, SC.  We are making a turkey, ham, massed potatoes, gravy, au gratin brussel sprout, sweet potatoe soufflé, garlic cauliflower, and crescent roles.  For  dessert, we have  pies, cider, and cookies.

While it is bittersweet, I am thankful and look back on my life over the last five years. 

I left a horrible marriage, met Clay, lost my Mom, lost Clay's Mammaw, moved from Nationwide to MetLife to Dimensional; moved to Lancaster, OH then Charlotte, NC then Lancaster, SC and now Chester, SC.  I am ready to settle down and feel that this Greek Revival will be my home for life. 
It feels like home.

Yesterday, I took a half day and decided to work on a Christmas Project:

1 Trash picked wood window...
1 $2 wreath from the thrift store
3 christmas sprigs from an old wreath
...a little glue and some ribbon.

Final product, eh....not priceless, but close.

I am thankful for my growth both chosen and forced.  I am a different person than I was at forty.  I  hope at fifty, I have experienced more growth.

Simply; I am thankful.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Lancaster. 

Thankful,  Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment